Dual Port RS232 Serial Communications PCMCIA Card
- Dual 16C550 UART with 16-byte TX and RX FIFOs for high speed and reliable communications.
- Hardware switchable baud rate multiplier allows either industry standard rates up to 115KBaud in x1 mode or up to 921Kbaud in x8 mode...no special drivers needed so faster rates work in Microsoft Windows CE & PocketPC too.
- Supports 5/6/7/8 data bits, odd/even/no parity, 1/1.5/2 stop bits, baud rates including 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 57600, 115200 in x1 mode, and 8 times these rates in x8 mode i.e. up to 921600 baud.
- Low power consumption: Typical 40mA at 5V, with support for reduced power sleep mode (depends on O.S.). Will also work at 3.3V with true RS232 levels for hosts that cannot supply 5V.
- Power consumption drops automatically when terminal equipment is not connected i.e. unplugging cable at either end.
- Card has 5V output to power external equipment (custom cable required, consult Elan sales for more information.)
- 15KVolt ESD protected RS232 drivers and receivers for protection of your card and PC.
- Supplied with 300mm Type47 cable. Connector latches into PC Card for security. Dual DB9 Males with female screwlocks and industry standard RS232 pinout for direct attachment of terminal equipment.
- Can be fitted with a unique Strain Relief Assembly to ruggedize the PC Card to cable connection (optional extra), product code " TSRA1-DAQ".
The SL232 offers a convenient way to add two RS232 asynchronous serial port to your laptop, PDA, or desktop (using one of Elan's Desktop PCMCIA adapters - P111, P222 etc.). The card automatically configures to become two or more COM ports using the built-in O.S. drivers that are tried and tested and are optimized to work in the Windows environment.
Program / Software Information
Supported by standard drivers in DOS*, Windows95, 98, 98SE, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, CE, PocketPC & Linux. Card comes with Elan's Card Center Pro software that installs INF scripts and sample code.
Automatic O.S. recognition and configuration. Hot swappable PC Card 5.0 compliant true multi-function Type II design.
Download SL332 Manual
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Elan Digital Systems
Communication, Serial / Parallel