Low-Profile PCI-to-CardBus/PCMCIA/PC-Card Adapter, 1 Rear Slot, Universal
- NOTE: This Model Will Not Fit In A Standard Tower Or Desktop Chassis. It Is Only Meant To Fit "Low-Profile" PC's. If You Have A Standard PC Chassis You Should Be Ordering the P111. If You Are Not Sure, Please Email Us With Your PC Information And We Will Do Our Best To Steer You To The Proper P-Series Product. Thank You.
- 16-Bit PCMCIA Cards supported.
- 32-Bit CardBus Cards supported.
- 5V at 1Amp typ. with fault protection.
- 3.3V at 1Amp typ. with fault protection.
- Supports Type I and II card sizes including extended types with antenna.
- PCB dimensions are 120mm x 64.4mm, conforming to Low Profile "MD1" size (this does not include the offset daughter board holding the PCMCIA connector).
- Uses industry standard 1410 or 1211 controller chip, proven on all classes of processor, chipset and motherboard manufacturer. Yenta compliant, PCI2.2 compliant, PC99 compliant. Supports sleep and suspend modes. Intel 82365 compatible register set.
- Works with any card type thanks to patented driver.
- Perfect for Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, GPS, GSM, GPRS cards etc.
- Also works with Compact Flash, Memory Stick, SmartMedia, MMC and SD cards using suitable adapter available separately.
- NOTE: P-Series adapters generally will not work in a dual or multi-processor PC, whether or not a second CPU is installed They DO work in a PC with a dual-core or quad-core CPU!
This product is recommended for Systems Integrators and OEMs only due to the non-standard "volume envelope" that is required around the host's PCI connector.
To cater for the latest generation of Low Profile PCs that can only use Low Profile PCI add-in boards, Elan has created the P311. This model, from the P-Series range, features a CardBus Type II slot and a circuit board that conforms to the MD1 profile specification. It will allow you to use any Type I or Type II PCMCIA or CardBus card. Due to the space restrictions of Low Profile PCs and the relatively large size of PCMCIA cards, the P311 may not be mechanically compatible with every motherboard, although typically at least one PCI connector will have suitable free space around it to use the P311. Please see below for further details.
Not all motherboard designs leave sufficient room for the P311 to be installed. We are aware that the P311 has been tried with the following motherboards :
The list so far is as follows:
Manufacturer Model Compatible with P311?
Dell Dimention, 4500C, No
Dell Dimention, 4600C, No
Dell OptiPlex, GX60, Yes
Dell OptiPlex , GX260, No
Dell Optiplex, GX620, Reports Of No
IBM NetVista, X22, Yes
Unfortunately we can't guarentee sucess with any particular configuration, as motherboard manufacturers do change model names and occasionally ship different models under the same product code in different parts of the world. But we will list here any information we receive, so please do contact us if you can add any other models to this list.
Program / Software Information
Comes with device drivers for MS-DOS, Windows95(osr2+), 98, 98SE, Millennium Edition, NT4, 2k, XP, Vista (32-bit only) with support also for Linux & MAC OSX as standard.
To download the driver software, visit:
Elan Digital Systems
PCI – To – PCMCIA Adapter