Single Port RS232 Serial Communications Compact Flash Card with Ruggedized Connector
- NOTE: This Model Only With Ruggedized Connector At CF Card End.
- 16C550 UART with 16-byte TX and RX FIFOs for high speed and reliable communications.
- Hardware switchable baud rate multiplier allows either industry standard rates up to 115KBaud in x1 mode or up to 921Kbaud in x8 mode...no special drivers needed so faster rates work in Microsoft Windows CE & PocketPC.
- Supports 5/6/7/8 data bits, odd/even/no parity, 1/1.5/2 stop bits, baud rates including 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 57600, 115200 in x1 mode, and 8 times these rates in x8 mode i.e. up to 921600 baud.
- Low power consumption: Typical 20mA at 5V, with support for reduced power sleep mode (depends on O.S.). Will also work at 3.3V with true RS232 levels for hosts that cannot supply 5V.
- Power consumption drops automatically when terminal equipment is not connected i.e. unplugging cable at either end.
- 15KVolt ESD protected RS232 drivers and receivers for protection of your card and PC.
- Supplied with 300mm Type46 cable permanently attached to the CF card connector for security. DB9 Male with female screwlocks and industry standard RS232 pinout for direct attachment of terminal equipment.
- Minimum Order Quantity May Apply.
The CF232 is a tiny Type I format Compact Flash (CF+) single RS232 asynchronous serial port for your PDA, laptop (with an optional adapter), or desktop (using one of Elan's Desktop PCMCIA adapters). The card automatically configures to become another COM port by using the built-in O.S. drivers that are tried and tested and are optimized to work in the Windows environment.
The difference between this '-R' version and the standard model, is that it has a ruggedized connection of the cable to the card. The cable is permanently attached to the card's connector.
Program / Software Information
Supported by standard drivers in DOS*, Windows95, 98, 98SE, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, CE, PocketPC & Linux. Card comes with Elan's Card Center Pro software that installs INF scripts and sample code.
Automatic O.S. recognition and configuration. Hot swappable CF+ compliant Type I design.
The following discounts will be manually applied to your order:
10-24: 5% discount
25-99: 10% discount
Elan Digital Systems
Communication, Serial / Parallel