- 16C550 UART with 16-byte TX and RX FIFOs for high speed and reliable communications.
- Hardware switchable baud rate multiplier allows either industry standard rates up to 115KBaud in x1 mode or up to 921Kbaud in x8 mode...no special drivers needed so faster rates work in Microsoft Windows CE & PocketPC.
- Supports 5/6/7/8 data bits, odd/even/no parity, 1/1.5/2 stop bits, baud rates including 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 57600, 115200 in x1 mode, and 8 times these rates in x8 mode i.e. up to 921600 baud.
- Low power consumption: Typical 20mA at 5V, with support for reduced power sleep mode (depends on O.S.). Will also work at 3.3V with true RS232 levels for hosts that cannot supply 5V.
- Power consumption drops automatically when terminal equipment is not connected i.e. unplugging cable at either end.
- 15KVolt ESD protected RS232 drivers and receivers for protection of your card and PC.
- Supplied with 300mm Type46 cable. Connector latches into CF Card for security. DB9 Male with female screwlocks and industry standard RS232 pinout for direct attachment of terminal equipment.
- Also available with robust direct cable termination instead of Type46 cable, product code CF232R. MOQ may apply.
- Available as CF232-5 with Vcc output on Pin9 (instead of RI signal). Can be used to power external equipment (with appropriate connections).
The CF232 is a tiny Type I format Compact Flash (CF+) single RS232 asynchronous serial port for your PDA, laptop (with an optional adapter), or desktop (using one of Elan's Desktop PCMCIA adapters). The card automatically configures to become another COM port by using the built-in O.S. drivers that are tried and tested and are optimized to work in the Windows environment.
The difference between this standard version and the '-5' model is that the '-5' has Host Supply Vcc on pin 9 instead of the "RI (ring indicate)" signal.
Program / Software Information
Supported by standard drivers in DOS*, Windows95, 98, 98SE, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, CE, PocketPC & Linux. Card comes with Elan's Card Center Pro software that installs INF scripts and sample code.
Automatic O.S. recognition and configuration. Hot swappable CF+ compliant Type I design.
Only 2x CF232 remain in stock as of 10 Feb 2022. You may order the CF232-R instead for the same price. The "-R" is the same card with a permanently attached cable.
Download CF232 Manual
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Elan Digital Systems
Communication, Serial / Parallel