Single Port RS422/485 Serial Communications Compact Flash Card
- 16C550 UART with 16-byte TX and RX FIFOs for high speed and reliable communications.
- Hardware switchable baud rate multiplier allows either industry standard rates up to 115KBaud in x1 mode or up to 921Kbaud in x8 mode...no special drivers needed so faster rates work in Microsoft Windows CE & PocketPC.
- RS422 mode with differential TX, RX, CTS and RTS signals. TX driver automatically tri-states when not transmitting to allow RS485 half duplex mode with a simple interconnection between TX and RX at the DB9 connector. Half duplex mode will always see local TX data echo.
- Built in fail-safe circuitry. Optional internal terminating resistors available (MOQ may apply, contact Elan).
- Supports 5/6/7/8 data bits, odd/even/no parity, 1/1.5/2 stop bits, baud rates including 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 57600, 115200 in x1 mode, and 8 times these rates in x8 mode i.e. up to 921600 baud.
- Low power consumption: Typical 35mA at 5V, with support for reduced power sleep mode (depends on O.S.). Will also work at 3.3V for hosts that cannot supply 5V.
- Supplied with 300mm Type 46 cable. Connector latches into CF Card for security. DB9 Male with female screwlocks for attachment to terminal equipment.
- Also available with robust direct cable termination instead of Type46 cable, product code CF428R. MOQ applies.
The CF428 is a tiny Type I format Compact Flash (CF+) single RS422/485 asynchronous serial port for your PDA, laptop (with an optional adapter), or desktop (using one of Elan's Desktop PCMCIA adapters).. The card automatically configures to become another COM port by using the built-in O.S. drivers that are tried and tested and are optimized to work in the Windows environment.
Program / Software Information
Supported by standard drivers in DOS*, Windows95, 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, CE, PocketPC & Linux. Card comes with Elan's Card Center Pro software that installs INF scripts and sample code.
Automatic O.S. recognition and configuration. Hot swappable CF+ compliant Type I design.
Download CF428 Manual
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Elan Digital Systems
Communication, Serial / Parallel